Monday, July 23, 2012

So Close

As we see the finish line close at hand, I can't help but feel overwhelmed with gratitude. This has been the experience of a lifetime, and so many individuals have shown me so much love throughout.

Among the army of supporters, followers, and river community, two people stand out as integral.

My wife, Emily... Amazing. Her love and emotional support from afar gives me the courage and determination to push through when times get tough.

Joe Taylor, leader of Local Livelihood, and my brother, has been a consistent source of technical savy, and innovation for Canoe to the Future. Joe has been there from the beginning and hasn't let up.

Coffee Table Books-
Thanks to all of the great feedback on our photos, we are planning on offering commemorative books with our favorite photos! Stay tuned!

Wrapping Up-
As I write this, we have only three more full days of paddling, 160 miles, until New Orleans! I can't wait for a shower...and food... and a bed.

1 comment:

  1. You gave us a card, so we figured we would drop you a line. We see a handful of travelers pass through Baton Rouge each year, each with a different story to tell. In my three years stationed here, I can honestly say I haven't met a group yet that has made this journey for a better cause. Safe travels, and see y'all next time!

    United States Coast Guard
    MSU Baton Rouge

    ReplyDelete